Wednesday, September 21, 2005

why the heck does someone have a blog?

People have asked me why would I start a blog? One person thought it was an ego thing, another thought it was to meet men, haha ha. My mom said I made it sound like I live for cocktail hour. (who doesn`t?)

I`ve been reading people`s blogs and websites for years and it just occurred to me last week it might be fun to have one. I think its here to remind me to enjoy life. My whole life I couldn`t wait to be in my 30`s and 40`s and now that I`m here I want to be present for it and have fun whenever I can, lots of fun happens just being with little kids. Its not reality though, which is a good thing. I`m not going to name names or talk trash about people (unless they`re famous!). I `m not going to share all the stuff that stresses me out or make anyone look bad. Its just fun to have a spot on the net to keep it light.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.