Monday, October 31, 2005
Friday, October 28, 2005
1. People who don`t hold babies.
The baby weighs like 10 pounds and yet he is being carried in a car seat that now ups his weight to like 25 pounds. It is bonking the hell out of the mother`s kneecap and the baby is screaming and nobody is holding him. PICK up the baby! He used to live in your body very recently, so remind him of his home and comfort him, is it so hard?
2. Metal Forks and spoons. I hate the metal feeling, I know thats weird.
3. Toothbrush commercials while I`m eating. That`s hideous
4. Bad parenting. I`ll keep it simple, just treat your kids like you`d want to be treated!
Today was not too shabby, something I prayed about happened the exact way I hoped it would. I found a skeleton costume for Chicken Little and his brother who-won`t-be-photographed is going to be the Grim Reaper. Such positive costumes. Husband is getting better and we`re off to Richmond to visit friends in the am.
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Now we`ve reached a new low. Or a new high from the Creature`s POV. Bananas and whipped cream at 10:30 pm. Its bananas! How huge is that fork? Its all part of the plan of getting Muffin Madness to sleep without waking up hungry.
Husband is sick and all of my domestication is falling away. The house needs help, the boys have gone wild and I seriously need a break, so this is it, me and this little one up late eating.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Friday, October 21, 2005
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
You are LaFawnduh.
Which Napoleon Dynamite character are you?
Yay it worked! I`m so happy I`m LaFawnduh, she is awesome.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
For thousands of years humans have slept with their babies, nursing throughout the night. There have been studies done with rats that show that baby rats will die when separated from their mother. ALL MAMMALS breastfeed their babies and stay close day and night, yet the AAP has decided to put a ban on cosleeping, saying if it stopped, fewer babies would die of SIDS.
It points out that a baby should be in their own crib with a pacifier because so many babies were found not breathing after falling between the bed and the wall, having a bigger sibling roll over on top of them, and other horrifying and unsafe sleeping situations. None of this is SIDS though, its suffocation! SIDS is when you have no obvious reason why a baby died. Safe cosleeping is the easiest and safest way for a mom to avoid sleep deprivation, establish a good supply, and keep her fertility away. Also, breastfeeding is a huge risk reducer for SIDS, yet it is totally undermined by recommending pacifiers. This is just crazy talk. A baby who sleeps safely next to mom hears her breathing and the two of them go through the same sleep cycles, which helps the baby remember to breathe. The baby product industry and the pediatricians love each other too much.
Monday, October 10, 2005
Creature! Its almost 10 pm, please go to bed, please!
It was a long day of driving in the country after a long doctors appointment. Then we took the boyz to a pumpkin patch and that was such a great October thing to do. Now I just want to sleep but this little one has so much energy.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Monday, October 03, 2005
Yesterday I walked in Reston & Herndon with my friendliest neighbor and very good friend in the Out of the Darkness Suicide Awareness community walk. It was a very emotional experience. There were lots of suicide survivors, parents, spouses, children and friends. It was an honor to be with all of these people.
- I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.