Thursday, August 17, 2006

Working on Gratefulness




Trying to get our minds off the obvious thing we could be doing yesterday, we went to a beautiful park that is close by & free. I didn`t even discover it until this May and I`ve been here since 1984, off and on.

What a gorgeous day & the boyz were so taken with everything. They didn`t want to go, then they didn`t want to leave, there was so much to explore. There`s a lot to be grateful for. And... check out the super healthy elephant ear (my favorite) and the lotus flower in the pond.

3 comments:

Anne S said...

I came to your site looking for a birth announcement and instead I got the story of little Joaquin's rebellion. Watch out for this stubborn kid. Is he going to pee or spit on the doctors the first chance he gets?

If he does, I hope you will be blogging the news from the hospital on the 25th.

clara said...

Joaquin is a wild animal! We are very afraid. I`m proud of him for fighting the amnio though, those things suck! And he literally slammed his butt up against the wall in there.

Larry will post something next week for sure. I looked at your blog today & I`m hoping for something new. See you!

Anne S said...

Sign that boy up for kung fu!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.