Monday, September 17, 2007

Bamboo

I have wanted bamboo floors since I first heard they were making floors out of bamboo. Finally we got them put in & I am so house proud for the first time. I have always been happy to have a home, even one with all original everything, but bit by bit we are trying to improve. I am excited about having a clean new looking house, but scared this floor will get destroyed by BOYS.

The morning of the install, Friday, the bamboo had been acclimatizing to our house, here it sits behind the Creature & my Friendly Neighbor's adorable daughter.
Sunday afternoon.
The kitchen, still in progress, paint & shades to come...
Brotherly love with bamboo background.

1 comment:

sarah said...

the bamboo looks great!! i have always loved it as well.

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.