Thanks to Aimee:)
RULES - Post rules before giving the facts - Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves - People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules - At the end of your post you need to tag six people and list their names - Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read yours.
My 8 random facts,
but first, I have to say it is hard to pick 8 facts to share & then to remember that family reads my blog, so I have to think hard about what to say:
1. I have an unnatural love for Germany. I was a German major, the only one in my classes who had actually never learned a lick of German before college. I was born there and spent much of my childhood there (military). I love the language, the food & beer, the whole fairy tale atmosphere of the countryside. The people are not the friendliest in the world, but I don't care. When I'm in Germany or Austria I am blissed out just to be there. I would move there in a minute, even if we all crammed into one small apartment.
2. I used to socialize for a living. I was a corporate concierge in Washington DC in the early 90's. I stayed out late every night going to soft openings, regular openings, parties, concerts, clubs etc. etc. Some of my coworkers and I would get paid by our agency to go to parties and mingle. It was weird & there were some major cheeseballs out there. My dad told me working as a concierge would be good for me because I would learn to smile a lot. He was right, I can be friendly to anyone. He also told me it would help me find a better job in a depressed time (not many good jobs back then) He was right about that too.
3. I have causes, things I believe in, but they all revolve around babies, because I am baby crazy.
4. I used to be a mover in the summertime. I was very fit, I lifted boxes all day that I packed, I had some lunatic coworkers and I had a blast almost every day. We would stay out very late partying in the parking lot with car radios blaring Dr. Dre's the Chronic CD.
5. I love to entertain. I love cooking, reading cookbooks, having people over & staying up late drinking, talking, eating, dancing. I thank my mom for this, she is the Queen of entertaining, even on a moments notice.
6. I secretly don't relate well to a lot of other moms my age because, I am my dad, as a woman. I am more like My own dad if he was a stay at home dad. I read whenever I can, I suck at laundry, I do the minimum in the kitchen & I truly suck at cleaning!! I will cook a damn good meal, I make sure the kids are healthy, clean and well fed, but I hate housework. When I was a kid and my dad was watching us he was always reading the paper or a book, with his music cranked. He interacted, but he left us to our own devices a lot. I am the same kind of parent. I think kids entertaining themselves is the best! I am trying to improve, but deep down I am interested only in learning loads of random facts and reading anything I get my hands on.
7. I had written here about my Catholicness, but that's not really that random, so I'll make that its own post & here I'll add here that I had dreadlocks in college. I went to the beach over labor day my sophomore year and decided I was through brushing my hair. It dreaded up in less than a week because its tangly. I did not have cute orderly pre-fab dreads, they were really gnarly & I liked them. It was liberating in a way.
8. I am a constant primper. I love makeup and I will always have a mirror with me at all times & I will never forget my lipstick.
If you want to do this, please do & then send a comment so I can see your randomness!
- I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.