Thursday, July 20, 2006

Trying to be grateful

OK, not feeling very motivated right now. I`m way bigger than I hoped to be and I`m not dealing with it very well & I just feel so out of breath. Let`s still find things to be grateful for:

1. I`m grateful to my husband for having the patience that he does and having many mad skillz to do all kinds of things, like helping a man in the middle of a grand mal seizure yesterday. I hope that guy is Ok today.

2. I`m grateful to God that I`ve gotten this far with little Joaquin and he grows and moves well. I may be big, but so is he and I have to be substantial to support him, now & when I make milk for him. I`m also pretty thankful for the new experience of great skin, hair & nails this time.

3. I`m grateful this week that we had another good LLL meeting and lots of mamas were there asking tough questions. It was exhausting but those ladies are inspiring.

3 comments:

Force of Hobbit said...

I know you are worried about your gaining weight - but you are a beautiful, healthy, glowing pregnant woman. You have come so far and have baked up a very healthy baby! You are such an inspiration to us all, and have stayed focused on the most important things all the way through! You are SO close now - so don't get frustrated. You should celebrate how beautiful you are!!!!

Louisa said...

You're almost there Doll.
Motivation can be suspended. Afterall, one doesn't have to write in order to still be grateful. We'll all understand if you take a break :)

clara said...

Thank you both!! I don`t even know what to say.
I can`t complain too much, its challenging right now, but its the best kind of challenge & I`m trying to stay positive so I`ll be up to the task.

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.