Sunday, February 21, 2010



My boys are all asleep after the most hectic suburban day ever. I am so thankful I got to leisurely wander around the National Portrait Gallery yesterday and have a great dinner with an old friend & my husband (!), mussels, shrimp, wine, crusty bread..
Anyway, today was go go go & I was already losing it by 11 am when my basketball player couldn't find his shorts. We pulled it together, dashed into Target for more shorts, ran him to his friends house & then I took Joaquin to my folks house and my Creature & my little chunk & I went off to a bowling alley birthday party. As soon as the last bit of cake was eaten we dashed across the county to catch the last 2 minutes of the basketball game. Thenm after many minor catastrophes, back to my parents' where we had dinner with my dad's cousin, her husband, my great aunt & my dear brother & his lovely lady friend. Now I am enjoying a rare moment alone

The picture is a castle in the Mosel Valley in Germany that is pretty much the same as it was 500 yrs ago. I am dying to take all of my boys to see it. Once my husband gets in that part of the world I don't think he will want to leave. This is my convoluted post for the day, but I am happy to have made it through the hectic and damn it, I miss the blizzard that shut everything down 2 weeks ago, it really made my life simple!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.