Tuesday, May 06, 2008

6



My second son, Alistair, would have been 6 today. I can't believe how much time has passed, it sounds so cliche--but sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes it seems like another person's life. The older boys stayed home from school and we took everyone to the cemetery and released balloons. This year we didn't plant flowers because they just get mowed down ayway. We had 6 balloons, but each small kid held onto their balloon until the last minute and one balloon got away from us in the car. So, it hasn't been a very perfect day, but that's OK. I'm grateful that 6 years ago I became the mother to this precious little soul. I can only hope to see him again one day.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to Alistair and to you, Claire. I wish you much love and peace. My prayers are with you.

Julie

Erin said...

I was thinking of you and your family the other day. Peace be with you.

Love,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Many hugs and love to all of you! You are a wonderful mama.

The Engine of the Family said...

I'm sorry about your son, have you blogged about him so I can read his story? I hope you had a good Mother's Day :)

sarah said...

wow....hard to believe Alistair would be 6 now. It is strange to see the other 6 year olds running around and think of Alistair. Love to you all from all of us.

Sarah

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.