Monday, January 28, 2008


For some reason the death of Heath Ledger last week really affected me, I thought about it a lot. I miss him, I didn't even know him, but I feel sad that such a natural actor and a great father is gone.

At the Screen Actors Guild awards, Daniel Day Lewis won for "There Might Be Blood" and dedicated his award to Heath Ledger.

Asked backstage why he'd decided to dedicate the award to Ledger, he said, "I suppose that's all I've been thinking about for the last few days. I never met him. I thought he was beautiful. I just have a very strong feeling that I would have liked him very much as a man. ...I admired him very much."

I feel the same way, Heath just seemed like a good guy and a very caring person, I wish as much peace as possible for his family.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.