Saturday, May 06, 2006

Alistair, we miss you.

Today would be/is my second son`s 4th birthday. Today it just made me mad having to go to the cemetery instead of having a group of 4 year olds here to trash the house and eat cake. It gets easier in that you don`t cry every day, but you always notice someone missing.

Another blog for a newly bereaved mom of a baby boy had this quote on it. A lady named Tabor said this: (hope she doesn`t mind)
"This is a big cruel mountain to climb, but I think it will strengthen you more and the view at the top will be much better than the view that we have...those of us who muddle through each day with far less understanding."
It is a different world that bereaved parents live in, but in some ways its wonderful because we can cut through the crap easier, we know what`s important, and good times feel great, because we know how the worst thing feels.

1 comment:

Home's Jewels said...

I saw this post with no comment and just wanted to let you know that someone you don't know felt the pain of your post and my heart goes out to you.

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.