Thursday, February 21, 2008

February

The list of crappy things that have happened in the last 2 + weeks is long. I don't know if everything is just harder because the man-of-the-house is working nights, but its been rough! I've tried to keep this blog positive and to celebrate the life of a stay at home mama, but its definitely not all fun. I've gotten way too busy lately, going from school to school, thing to thing. And I don't even have kids in 8 million different suburban sports so I don't even know how I'm so scattered. I am going to lay low and hibernate as much as I can before we leave for Chile in less than a month. Lent is often like this for me, rough and uncomfortable. Instead of venting here about how I totaled my car this week, or how we seem to get every sickness this winter, or how my preschooler has been sent to the principal's office twice last week, I will try to focus on the few good things that happened, like;

I saw a bald eagle flying over McDonalds. I parked and he flew lower so I could really watch him for awhile.

My awesome cousin and her precious baby came to visit and we had lots of fun.:)

There is some really good fresh beer in my house right now.

Valentine's Day we always have lobster and steak, this year my cousin and brother were with us which made it even better.

Nobody got hurt when my car crashed.

And that's all I can think of right now. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to focus on the good things! You make me proud. I am sorry about the struggles...just know that spring is coming and that means farmers markets, trips to vineyards and fava bean dip!

hang in there :)

sarah said...

oh man...sorry about the sickness and the car. lent here has been rough as well. i feel like yelling "ok GOD i got the memo...we are all dust and to dust we shall return, i get it, i really do!!!!" BUT...you are right, there is good to be found tucked in the cracks of all the broken and crappy stuff.

hang in there...

About Me

My photo
I'm just a mom in the world. A crunchy Catholic mama of 6 trying to make sense of it all and stay positive. 5 boys here & 1 in heaven. One awesome man who I get to grow old with. I help new moms breastfeed. I`m happy. I don`t go to shows or dance clubs every night but I would if I could. Where`s the nanny? When I see her she`s SO fired! One of my boys is super sweet and sensitive, another one is a holy terror. I learn a ton from all of them daily. Like Nigella says, as any parent of small children knows,there comes a point in the day where you can`t go any further without a drink! I love cocktail hour. I`d like nothing more than to be with my family and some good friends surrounded by tropical plants drinking a margarita listening to the Eagles. I don`t care about trendy, I like that grungy 70`s vibe.